This post first appeared as a sponsored post on VidCompare.
Chances are if you are reading VidCompare you’ve already been convinced of the need for an online video strategy. However, you might need to convince others in your organization to bring that video strategy to fruition. So here are a few stats that you can reference to help bolster your case to your colleagues and to help prove the value of video.
- Scale: According to Nielsen data from June, more than 10.2 billion videos were streamed in May in the US. Of the internet population, US internet video viewers are streaming about 71 videos per month, breaking out to a little over 2 videos a day.
- Penetration: As of 2009, out of the top 50 online retail properties, 68% were using video on their site, compared to only 18% the year prior (Forrester). Don’t be left in the minority!
- Traffic: According to Forrester, video stands about a 50 times better chance of appearing on the first page of results than any given text page. Heatmap research also shows that video search results also drive traffic back to your site because the visual information grabs searchers attention in a sea of text-based results. Check out Brightcove’s Video SEO Playbook for some best practices.
- Conversion: Internet Retailer reports that Ice.com found that viewers who chose to view video converted at a 400% increase over those who did not. If sales are the ultimate goal for your video project, including videos on product pages can really make a difference in turning browsers into buyers. Research from Treepodia suggests that video impacts conversion rates, even if viewers don’t watch the video; it’s mere presence on the product page has been proven to influence consumers’ impression of the company and the shopping experience.
- Low start-up cost: A robust online video solution does not have to break the bank. There are options to get you started with a low barrier to entry the will suit even high-demand users. Brightcove offers a 30-day free trial to get you started using the online video platform and allows you to embed your videos into your own web environment to show your colleagues exactly how your plan can be realized. And for starter projects, Brightcove costs as little as $99/month and is a great way to test for desired results with little upfront investment or commitment. Start a free Brightcove trial today.
What organization could say no to these stats?